Essential oils are volatile or scented oils extracted from plants. They have been used in medicine, food, cosmetics, and perfumes since centuries and are now used in aromatherapy as well. These oils also offer many health benefits due to their antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. They have been used for better cognitive functioning, enhancing memory as well as boosting the mood. Some other health benefits include relief from stiff and sore joints and muscles. Some of the essential oils can be taken orally while others are best when taken orally. However, since they are a concentrated source of phytochemicals so they must not be used without absolute certainty of whether they are safe to be used in a certain way or not. We have brought some of the best essential oils and their benefits for you.
1.Arborvitae Essential Oil
Arborvitae which means Tree of Life and so you can imagine the benefits that it may offer. Its essential oil has a high content of tropolones which have strong purifying properties and promote healthy cell functioning. The essential oil can help you with normal cell activity while keeping you safe from the environmental threats.
The primary benefits of the arborvitae essential oil include:
- Keeps you safe from seasonal as well as environmental threats.
- Promotes the healthy functioning of cells.
- Strong purifying and cleansing agent.
- Natural wood preservative and insect repellent.
- Promotes mental health and solves control issues.
- Promotes a youthful and healthy skin.
It can be used in your diffuser for aromatherapy as well as topically by diluting it first. So, get the maximum health benefits out of this amazing essential oil.
2.Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot or as Greeks like to call it “sweetmeat” for its use as a dessert, is grown in Italy and Greece specifically for their favorable climate and soil conditions. It is a citrus plant and is also used in earl grey tea. The oil is extracted by cold-pressing the rind of the fruit and is known as an effective mood relaxant in Italy.
The primary benefits of the Bergamot essential oil have been listed below:
- Its aroma helps to create a calming and soothing effect.
- It is used in massage therapies.
- Mixed with a suitable carrier oil to help purify skin
- Helps with anxiety due to its qualities that make it a perfect mood relaxant.
- Aids with stress and anxiety
- When taken orally can help improve digestion and stomach issues.
- It is also effective in relieving symptoms of a headache, fever, and
In short, bergamot essential oil offers many health and emotional benefits. So, it must be used to alleviate pain and soothe nerves but you must learn to use it effectively and safely by reading the instructions that it comes with.
3.Cardamom Essential Oil
Cardamom essential oil is associated with the ginger family and is made by distilling the steam from the seeds after they have been dried for over 3 months through a long process. It offers many health benefits related to digestive and respiratory systems and is also safe for use on children.
The primary benefits of the Cardamom essential oil include:
- Relieves spasms.
- Prevents microbial infections.
- Helps to maintain gastrointestinal balance while easing digestion.
- Improves respiratory health by promoting clear breathing.
- Uplifts mood while calming the stomach issues.
- Helps to cam you emotionally while dealing with frustration and rage effectively.
There are various ways to use this oil by making a diffuser with two or three drops of it and other ingredients or getting it in the form of bath salts, it all depends on your preference. So, benefit from its great soothing properties in your own way.
So, go ahead and use these essential oils for the great health benefits they offer. When used in the right ways and right quantities, essential oils can come to give us a lot of health benefits. Keep following us to know more about the different kinds of essential oils and how you can use each one of them to improve the quality of your life.