Will you believe someone if they just told you that it is possible to lose 10 pounds in a single week by eating your favorite dishes like ice-cream? Yes, that’s possible! The Military Diet is a strict eating regimen gaining popularity due to this golden rule. The rules are very simple – just follow a rigid meal plan for three days and then follow four days of maintenance to melt away pounds and lose weight. Many food bloggers are advertising and driving this trend. So, what makes it so popular to lose weight? Let’s find it out!
What is it?
- The military diet or the 3-day diet is a weight loss and nutrition diet that can help you to lose 10-pounds in a week.
- The diet was prepared and prescribed to the US military soldiers so that they can get into a shape quickly to take part in a mission.
- It is also known as navy, army, and even ice cream diet.
- The whole diet is divided into 2 phases over the week to achieve the desired results.
- You need to follow a low-calorie diet plan for all the three meals for the three days period. You are advised not to take snacks during meals. You can also use a calorie calculator to understand how it works also.
Let’s discuss a sample Meal Plan in detail:-
- Breakfast – You need to replace the normal butter with peanut butter and wrap it with a slice of toast to start your day. It will keep you full for the day. You can also take a cup of tea and grapefruit also along with it.
- Lunch – You can take a slice of toast, tuna, and a cup of tea (green tea preferred) to keep a light lunch and remain active at the same time.
- Dinner – You need to take a small apple and banana. Plus, you need to also consume green beans with a 100 gms serving of normal meat. And yes, you can also take a cup of vanilla ice cream also.
- Breakfast – You can consume a toast, boiled egg (egg white preferred), half banana, a cup of coffee, and warm water.
- Lunch – You need to consume a cup of cottage cheese, one boiled egg, saltine crackers, and a cup of green tea or coffee if possible.
- Dinner – Now, here is the actual fun! You can consume two hot dogs with no bun and take a half banana with it. To balance, you need to add half a cup of carrots and broccoli. Plus, you can always have the portion of ice cream to go with it.
- Breakfast–You need to start your day with a cup of cheddar cheese and a small apple. You can take cucumber or saltine crackers with a cup of hot tea.
- Lunch – Your lunch will include a slice of toast, one cooked egg, and a cup of coffee/tea.
- Dinner – Your dinner will include a cup of tuna, half banana, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream to go with it.
- You need to ensure to drink maximum water in this period. If it is lukewarm, it is better to drink it.
Additional Food Items
- There are other food items permitted during this diet. However, it is mandatory to cut down portions so that you always feel light.
- You can swap peanut butter with almond butter if you have a growing allergy with peanut.
- If you do not non-veg foods, you can take nuts like almonds during the diet regimen.
- It is important to cut any diet involving sugar so that you can maintain a constant metabolism at all times to cut down fat easily.
Is it beneficial?
- Many experts also comment that consuming Prohormone stack during Military diet can elevate the metabolism and helps to burn more fat. It is the sole purpose of adopting military diet.
- However, the diet compromises of eating more carbohydrates than proteins which mean that the fat and weight reduction chances are always not that great and may vary individual to individual.
- In a nutshell, the military diet is worth a try if your body gives feasible results accordingly. It is also important to understand the type of food that trigger weight loss and are apt for your body type.
- It will help to gain maximum benefits of a particular diet pattern.
- To look for more benefits, while following up this strict meal plan you can do work out or Zumba. If you are not so familiar with Zumba, then download Facebook videos or YouTube videos and learn it.