Taking care and maintaining gut health has been gaining quite the momentum lately. When we talk about gut health, the debate on probiotics versus digestive enzymes becomes inevitable. Often the two are thought to be interchangeable and it seems there is clearly a lot of confusion surrounding both of them. It does stand true that both probiotics and digestive enzymes are absolutely essential to the overall health of your body and promote immune health in the best possible manner. But they take care of the intestinal track in different ways and one reaps divergent benefits from them. The article aims to primarily explain which supplement we need for maintaining overall gut health and what are the best supplements available out there in the market.
Difference Between Probiotics And Digestive Enzymes:
The digestive system is awe-worthy and comprehensive work of nature and the 30 feet digestive track is managed by well-balanced ingredients to promote good bacteria for our gut. If there’s a surge of bad bacteria, one may experience symptoms like a lowered immune system, stomach ache, abominable cognitive functioning, acne, and so on so forth.
Probiotics are living organisms, many of them native to the human intestine. They serve to re-introduce good bacteria into your digestive tract in order to rehabilitate the balance of the microflora. Digestive enzymes are like hardworking bees that help in digestive processes, which are the reactions that break food molecules into smaller pieces prior to absorption.
Digestive enzymes fall into three main categories:
- Protease breaks down protein into peptides and amino acids.
- Amylase converts starch into simple sugars.
- Lipase breaks down into 3 fatty acids for optimal absorption
To make it easier to understand, digestive enzymes target the digestion of specific foods. For example, in order to digest dairy products, your body needs lactase, the enzyme that breaks down milk products. People who are lactose intolerant naturally produce less of particular enzyme and hence face digestive disorders.You will probably see more improvement from adding a digestive enzyme supplement containing lactase, as this would help your body to break down the sugars in milk.
Probiotics, however, have range of functions that alter with the species of organism. They can aid in vitamin and mineral absorption, relieve lactose intolerance and produce vitamin K. For instance, if you’ve recently finished a course of antibiotics, probiotics will be more beneficial for your gut health than digestive enzymes.
Usage of Supplements:
Given our unhealthy lifestyle, we tend to ignore the fact that natural sources of probiotics as well as enzymes can be highly beneficial for overall health and immune systems.Many outside factors such as stress, fast food culture, zero exercise and activity and antibiotics in food and as medicine can deplete the good bacteria in our body and cause our enzyme production to take a dive. Hence it’s important to add dietary supplements in our daily routines. Let’s talk about best probiotics and digestive enzymes supplements that are at your disposal in the market.
Best Digestive Enzymes Supplements:
The labels of digestive enzyme supplements often include broad claims. They might claim to:
- promotes healthy digestion
- optimize the breakdown of fats, carbohydrates, and protein
- Promote optimal nutrient absorption
- Lowers down gas, bloating, indigestion, and constipation following regular meals
- Support colon health
Supplements are digestive enzymes in a pill or chewable tablet form. They may include one or a combination of multiple digestive enzymes. Down below are a few of the best available Digestive enzymes dietary supplements which are explained in detail for your convenience.
1. Matthew Vegetarian Digestive Enzymes
This supplement is considered to be the highly Advanced Digestive Enzyme aid that exists in the market. With 19 powerful enzymes, including Amylase, Bromelain and Lipase to reduce gas and bloating. Dr. Matthew’s most is a complete Digestive Supplement that is up to 6 times more powerful than competing multi-enzyme formulations. They are chemical-free supplements that are made sans any GMO’s and antibiotics.
They provide greater activity because they have been concentrated. Fewer capsules are required than other enzymes to provide equivalent digestive action.
Capsules: Smells peppermint, contains 60 pills
Vegan: 100% Naturalvegetable capsule. Gluten-free. No preservatives either.
- Enzymes Reduce Gas
- Breakdown Fats, carbs, Proteins, Gluten
- Great for people fighting with conditions that cause acid reflux, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), constipation, leaky gut, and dietary (food) intolerances.
- Promotes digestion for people with no gallbladder.
Broad Spectrum: Dr. Matthew enzymes have a very broad pH stability range, so they can function throughout the ENTIRE digestive tract. Other enzymes are less efficient because they function only at higher pH levels and they do not survive gastric acids.
Immediate Results: They work within the first half-hour while the stomach is still building acidity in response to food being eaten.
2. Zenwise Health Digestive Enzymes Plus Prebiotics and Probiotics
Priced at $21.97,Zenwize is one of the leading digestive enzyme combinations that include multi strain probiotics, Inulin Prebiotics, Turmeric and active enzymes. While probiotics and prebiotics encourage a healthy gut and digestive tract, the active enzymes aids in digestion of food and absorption of nutrients.
Zenwise Health’s all-natural Advanced Digestive Enzymes.
- Cures: Contain a unique blend of plant-based enzymes specifically designed to alleviate gas, bloating. Indigestion, and constipation
- Ingredients: Included enzymes are lactase, bromelain, cellulase, maltase, invertase, lipase protease, glucoamylase and amylase.
- Other Ingredients: It contains papaya, Apple pectin and inulin prebiotic that will immensely help in overall digestion optimally.
- Vegan: It’s a totally Allergen-friendly product, except for select cases.
3. DR. TOBIAS ENZYMES:
A top digestive enzyme for all is the natural ingredients from Dr. Tobias that balances your entire digestive system and everything you consume, naturally. Dr. Tobias Digest is one of the most complete broad-spectrum enzyme formulas that one can wish for. It’s a synergistic formulation of 18 plant-based enzymes that help in the optimum digestion of multiple Food Groups.
Ingredients: Lipase, Cellulase, Lactase,Bromelain, Papain
Other enzymes: One potent ingredient that is inevitable in addition to all the necessary enzymes included in the supplement isAspergillopeps. This ingredient is essential for digestion when you take in any gluten product.
Broad Spectrum Product:
Enzymes that aids in digestion of
- Dairy (Milk sugar)
- Proteins( Beans, legumes)
- Carbohydrates (plant foods and grains)
- Sucrose (fruits and vegetables)
- Phytic acid (nuts, grains)
Best Probiotic Supplements:
1. Hyperbiotics Pro-15:
Touted as the “perfect probiotic”, this dietary supplement builds up the good bacteria in your stomach and develops healthier digestion and immune system. With Hyperbiotics’ allergen-free guarantee, this product is definitely doing something right and is surely a winner. Let’s get to know its feature for better understanding.
- Price: The product is priced at $25.15
- CFU: 5 Billion Colony Forming Units per BIO-tract pearl, which is equivalent to 75 Billion CFU (colony forming units) of standard probiotic capsules!
- Strains: Contains 15 selected strains of healthy bacteria to fight low energy, and counter broad spectrum antibiotics.
- Unique Technology: Unique BIO-tract technology means that they are time-releasing and you only need one per day
- Tablet: The tablet is a pea-sized pearl to make it easier to swallow than large capsules.no wasted fillers.
- Vegan: It’s totally natural. Doesn’t contain soy, sugar, iron or wheat, GMO’s, sugar or artificial colors or flavors.
- Dosage: Only Once a Day. Because with timed-release delivery, the complete benefits are being delivered deep inside your gut on hourly basis.
- Assists in relieving with rheumatoid arthritis
- Everyday comfort from gas, bloating, and irregularity
- Promotes ideal body weight
- Energy levels and aids in mood uplifts
- Relieve sensitive stomachs
2: Vitamin Bounty Pro 50:
This is your ultimate go to probiotic dietary supplement, equipped with unique formulation to meet your daily probiotic needs. Vitamin Bounty pro50 probiotics are one of the most reliable organic probiotic supplements on the market currently and have got quite rave reviews from excited consumers.
1. Price: This dietary supplement is priced at $33.20
2. CFU: Pro-50 is a potent, 50 Billion organisms per serving, making it one of the most effective probiotics on the market.
The freeze-dried Probiotic Strains ensured the ingredients remain fresh and their efficacy can be maintained.
3. Strains:13 probiotic strains and fermented greens ensure you will get the support you need for your overall digestive health.
4.Patented: DRcap (delayed release): Ensuring you’re digesting the probiotics where you want it the most, in your digestive tract
5. Vegan: Gluten and GMO free. Purely vegetable capsule. No preservatives either.
This combination can aid in digestive issues ranging from
- Lactose intolerance
- Intestinal Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Mild-upset stomach especially due to traveling.
3. Culturelle Daily Probiotic:
These are extremely regarded and highly popular Culturelle Digestive Health Daily Probiotic Capsules are virtually available everywhere. The dietary supplement contains naturally sourced ingredients that work with your body to support digestive wellbeing. For a variety of reasons, Culturelle Probiotics is one of our top choices among probiotic supplements.
1. Price: This supplement is priced at $23.39
2. CFU /Strain: All Culturelle probiotics are powered by 10 billion live active cultures of Lactobacillus GG, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG), the single-strain super probiotic to aid your digestive system work better.
3. Vegan: Culturelle is vegetarian and is dairy-free, sugar-free and gluten-free
4. Dosage: take one (1) capsule per day. If experiencing digestive upset, two (2) capsules daily are recommended until discomfort subsides. Capsule should be opened and mixed into cool drink or food.
5. Daily Digestive Health: LGG is naturally sourced and scientifically proven to work in harmony with your body to keep your digestive system in balance
- The capsule shells can dry out and crack while shipping
- There is no free trial offer
These are some of the most widely known and highly recognized probiotics and digestive enzymes dietary supplements that can ensure healthy gut and promotes strong immune system in the longer run.