As per the statistics of the US sports, every year more than one million people are joining or getting interested in pickleball. With the increasing number of players of pickleball in the US, the pickleball paddle market is becoming more and more competitive to satisfy the high demand ratio.
A pickleball paddle is present in the market in different styles, materials, and prices and this makes it very difficult for a beginner to choose the best one for himself/herself.
Therefore, in order to help you in taking the right decision, we have listed below the factors of the pickleball paddle that should be considered during a purchase decision.
Pickleball paddle factors that should be considered while purchasing one:
Pickleball Paddle Material:
What’s the best material for your pickleball paddle is not so simple and easy question to explain. In the pickleball paddle design, two different materials are used one for the inner or core part and the other for the outer or facing part. Below we have explained the right material for each part separately;
Inner or core part: The honeycomb design keeps the weight light, but the interior section or core brings stability and dictates the weight and shape.
Outer or facing part: The ball’s external or facing section, might be made of aluminum, Nomex, or polymer. Nomex paddles offer adequate control but lack force and are noisy while playing. Carbon fiber, fiberglass, or graphite are used as the face material.
The most prevalent is fiberglass, which provides the most power. Graphite is a robust material that provides mild control but exerts less force. While Carbon fiber is strong, long-lasting, gives outstanding control, and exerts greater force.
Pickleball Paddle Weight:
The second significant factor to be considered is the pickleball paddle’s weight as your velocity and swing will be dependent on it greatly. The three common weights of paddle available in the market are:
6.7 to 7 ounces (light-weight): Beginners and individuals with medical concerns harming the wrist or arm should use lightweight paddles. It gives you more control and is simple to use.
7.5 ounces (middle-weight): Mid-weight paddles are popular among players because they provide a good blend of power and control.
8.3 to 8.5 ounces (heavy-weight): Strong persons should use heavy-weight paddles. Although they have a lot of force, they have little control and can harm your wrist or arm if you use them for a long time.
Pickleball Paddle Grip:
It is yet another important factor because if you will use the wrong size your grasp and control can suffer. The paddle rim is available in different thicknesses and circumferences in the market and what’s best for you is dependent on your hand size.
Your height is the best approach to identify the proper grip size. Try the small grip size (4 inches) if you’re roughly 5ft. 2 inches. If you’re between the heights of 5 ft. 2 inches and 5 feet. 8 inches, a medium grip size (4.14 inches) is ideal. The big grip size (4.12 inches) is recommended for anyone taller than 5ft. 9 inches.
This is an optional factor it protects your paddle from in-game damages but also covers up surface area that comes n contact with the ball. Players also use less effective protective tape in its place.
Market’s best pickleball paddle model:
Onix Graphite Z5:
Its length is 15.5 inches, 8.125 inches width, and 4.25 inches grip size. It is best suited to both normal and professional players of average height.
The paddle has a Nomex base, which is sturdy yet generates noise when struck by the ball. It’s in the middle of the composite paddle price range.
- It is durable in nature and can’t be broken easily.
- It gives the player an excellent balance of strength and control.
- It’s easy to hold.
- It may not be suited for someone with a small frame.
- It has a tiny grip circle.
- Upon striking the ball, it generates a noise that can be annoying.
- Continued use can cause arm exhaustion.
Rally Graphite Power 2.09:
It is a high-quality product specially designed for beginner players. Its weight ranges between 7 to 8 ounces which makes it a little bit heavy.
The breadth of the paddle is 8 1/8 inches and has a perforated grip of the circumference of 4 1/4 inches. It has a 50-inch polymer core that allows players to beat rivals while remaining quieter than their Nomex counterparts.
- It does provide those just getting started in the game more control than a lighter paddle would.
- Its perforated grip helps avoid slippage and aid ball control.
- It is well-balanced and relatively inexpensive.
- For some players, the paddle’s edges guard may be overly noticeable.
- It is relatively hefty, which can cause arm strain.
- Some other versions on the market are more durable than this one.
Rally Tyro 2:
If you are a professional or passionate pickleball player this paddle is definitely best for you, that aids you in giving your best delivery. The weight of the Rally Tyro 2 paddle is between the range of 7.5 to 7.9 ounces.
It has a long handle of approximately 5 inches and 7.75 inches wide paddle face. The circumference of the grip is 4 1/4 inches. The core is made up of a blend of fiberglass and other materials.
- Its core is designed in such a way that gives players excellent strength and control.
- It does not make any noise while playing and lets you play in an undisturbed environment.
- One of the most expensive pickleball paddles available in the market.
- For people with larger hands, the grip size may be inconvenient.
The Upstreet Polypro is best suited for pro players of pickleball. But in general, anyone can use it to have a better playing experience. The dimensions of the paddle are 15 ¾ inches in length, 7 ¾ inches in breadth, and a grip circumference of 4.5 inches.
It is the heaviest paddle available in the market with a weight of 8.6 ounces. The core is made of a polypropylene honeycomb polymer,
- Because of its capacity to give a spin to a ball, it is frequently employed by professionals.
- It features a grip circumference that is acceptable for persons with large hands.
- Its core aids in the clean shot-making while also being quite silent.
- The model comes at a reasonable price.
- The Upstreet Polypro is a durable product.
- Long periods of play might cause arm weariness and possibly elbow discomfort.
- Also, the players with large hands may find the handle too short.
Amazin’ Aces Classic:
For beginners and children, this is the best design. It is one of the biggest paddles on the market, weighing 10.5 ounces, but this makes it easier to grasp and operate.
Its dimensions are 15 3/4 inches long, 7 1/2 inches breadth and has a 4 ½ inches handle length, making it ideal for players with normal hands. The face or outer part is made of durable graphite, while the core or inner part is built of robust honeycomb composite.
- It is a robust model that provides them with a high degree of performance.
- It contains a large sweet spot, making it an excellent paddle for novices.
- It has a secure grip and is simple to maneuver.
- Amazin’ aces classic is a long-lasting paddle.
- Long-handed people may not be able to use it.
- It’s a bit on the pricier side.
GAMMA New 2.0:
It is one of the best-selling pickleball paddles for the last few years, the reason is that it is the finest design paddle up till manufactured. Just like the above two models it also has a heavyweight approximately of 8 ounces. Its length is 15.5 inches, breadth is 7.5 inches and circumference grip is 4 inches. Both its outer and inner parts are composed of honeycomb polymer.
- Its big weight is the reason to provide strength and excellent hold to players.
- The honeycomb fiber provides a greater hit that gives the ball a high speed.
- It does not make any noises or disturbances while playing.
- One of the reasons it is best-selling is that its grip is designed to be sweat absorbing that enables players to give their be3st shot.
- But this best-selling Gamma new 2.0 paddle is a bit pricey.
- It is not ideal for players with big hands because of the small grip.
- Because it is heavy, prolonged use may cause arm pain.
- It’s not very tough or long-lasting.
Rally NX Graphite:
The NX Graphite measures 15 3/4 inches long, 8 1/8 inches in width, and has a 4 1/4-inch grip circumference. The honeycomb core is made of Nomex, a strong and lightweight material.
- The Rally NX graphite has greater performance and durability.
- The paddle’s edges are covered and trimmed.
- And the handle has material that prevents hands from slipping.
- It’s one of the most budget-friendly paddles available.
- It features a large sweet spot, making it ideal for newcomers.
- Rally NX graphite’s durability is well-known.
- It’s slightly on the heavier side, weighing between 7.4 and 8 ounces on average, so it’s not for people who want to hit the ball lightly.
- Those pickleball players with huge hands will struggle with the grip size.
- It makes a lot of noise or disturbance, as do all Nomex paddles.
- It’s heavy, so striking the ball with it requires some effort.
It is also the finest model ever designed for both tournament players and day-to-day normal players can use it with great ease. Its average weight, length, width, and circumference grip are 7.6 ounces, 15 ¾ inches, 73/4 inches, and 4 ¼ inches respectively. It has a composite base made primarily of polymer
- The Paddletek element provides excellent control on every shot.
- Its well-designed structure makes it perfect for professional players.
- But this design of pickleball paddle is almost suitable for all types of players.
- The Paddletek element is very pricey in comparison to many of its competitors.
- The model is not known for its durability.
- And the grip size will not be the best fit for persons with large hands.
GAMMA Classic 1.0:
The range of the Gamma classic 1.0 distinguishes out due to the color of its design. This paddle is incredibly lightweight. The paddle’s weight is on average 7.1 ounces, which means a player doesn’t have to expend a lot of effort to strike a shot.
The length of the paddle is 15 1/2 inches, the width is 8 1/4 inches, and the handle length is 4 inches long. The circumference of the grip is 4 1/4 inches. The paddle face and the core are both made up of graphite.
- Because of Gamma classic 1.0’s lightweight design there will be fewer chances of arm strain while playing pickleball.
- The Gamma classic 1.0 is a low-cost affordable model
- It is simple to hold and easy to strike a ball.
- For players with large hands, it will a bad choice because of the short handle and small grip circumference.
- It’s difficult to spin the ball with this material.
- It isn’t noted for its sturdiness.
Upstreet Graphite Pickleball Paddle:
One of the better models for newcomers to pickleball is this one. Its average weight is 8/6 ounces, measures 15 3/4 inches long, 7 3/4 inches in width, and has a 4 1/2-inch handle while the circumference of the grip is 4 1/4 inches. The honeycomb core is made of polypropylene and has three layers instead of two. Graphite is used to create the face.
- Even those on a restricted budget will be able to afford the model.
- It has a medium grip and a long handle.
- While playing, the bat delivers good control and minimal vibration.
- The paddle is a bit on the hefty side.
- It’s possible that the handle will become hot and sticky.
- It isn’t very long-lasting.
Last Words All these pickleball paddles let you feel as if you are not a beginner anymore. With these, you flaunt yourself in the game with ease as well as style. So, ready to kill the court? Good luck!