Like banana diet, pineapple is also used to lose weight. It gives results within a short span but it cannot be followed for more than 5-6 days.
Pineapple diet can be followed once in a year because there is a threat of getting weakness along with suppressing pounds and this is why it is also called pineapple detox diet.
2 kilograms of pineapple carries 1000 calories, 2 grams of fats and 10 grams of proteins.
Pineapple is enriched with magnesium and vitamin C. While the following pineapple diet you are only getting vitamin C and magnesium. The body also needs potassium, zinc, calcium minerals etc.
This is why it is not recommended for more than a week.
Pineapple also contains a high amount of water and fiber which increases the process of metabolism and body feels light and at the same time full also.
It has characteristic to cut down the fat from the body drastically.
Benefits of following pineapple diet.
- Pineapple contains bromelain, it is a proteolytic protein, it helps in reducing itching and irritation. It manages the stress hormones.
- Pineapple is high in fiber. It gives a signal that your tummy is full for longer period of time and doesn’t make you feel like hungry.
- It helps in losing weight within few days.
- It also has a characteristic to detox a body.
It is recommended to consume fresh pineapple and not canned ones.
2-3 cups of pineapple, cereal and a glass of low-fat yogurt.
A glass of fresh pineapple juice, a bubbled egg, and 1 bread slice.
A bowl of soup having vegetables, fish or chicken.
Boiled chicken and a plate of pineapple with leafy vegetables.
In short, you can have 600-700 grams of pineapple a day, 200-300 grams of meat or mushrooms followed with fresh vegetables. Cut down all the sugar intake.
The meat should be boiled or grilled. Plenty of water is highly suggested. Green tea can also be taken after each meal preferably without sugar.3-5 kgs can be reduced within two weeks.
- 2 spoons of oil can be used in a day. Olive oil is much preferred.
- Less than 2 liters of water is suggested if you are in the diet.
- Exercise is the key to success. It multiplies the results. Pushups crunches, jogging etc.
Negative effects of pineapple diet:
Pineapple has meat kneading characteristic. It enhances hypertension in the human body. It gives effects in a couple of hours after consuming pineapple. It is recommended to see a doctor immediately if someone faces this issue.
Pineapple itself is high in sugar. Sometimes consuming pineapple may elevate glucose level in your body. The symptoms of high glucose level are frequent peeing, high level of thirst and cerebral ache.
Interaction with drugs:
If a person is on antibiotics then pineapple may have a negative relation with the medications. It can make the situation more worst. It can also give chills, fever, discomfort in the body etc.
Pineapple does not contain calcium and out teeth need sufficient calcium to resist various mouth issues. It activates the tooth issues, causes pain and sometimes the situation gets out of control.
Following are the precautions which we need to follow while on pineapple diet.
- Eating pineapple is prohibited during pregnancy as it has a tendency to contract the uterus and mother might have a miscarriage.
- It may lead to the premature birth of a baby because of bromelain.
- It has a negative relation with antibiotics. Better not to follow while on medications.
- Due to high in sugar, diabetes patients cannot follow pineapple diet.
- It is not recommended for breastfeeding mother.
Pineapple diet is always a great option for those who can tolerate high amount of sugar level and have sufficient amount of calcium in the body. People can reduce weight in short period of time following pineapple diet.