Triphala Guggulu is a combination of two famous herbs as per Ayurveda.
Triphala cleans bowel whereas Guggulu helps in preventing harmful agents from the body. It has been used for over 3000 years in India to cure multiple diseases.
The meaning of Triphala is a contrast of three fruits. The combination contains chebulic myrobalan (commonly known as haritaki), Indian gooseberry (commonly known as amla) and belleric myrobalan (commonly known as vibhitaki, bibhitak or bahera).
Let us look into the purpose of these herbs.
It is useful for cleaning the toxins in the blood and helps in absorbing nutrition that a body required.
Amla has various benefits on human health. It improves the function of the lever, increases digestion process, strengthens hairs and makes them long and shiny. It enriches in vitamin C.
It increases the flow of blood and fights with fat causing tissues.
It is extracted from specific kind of a plant which is used to cure numerous diseases.
2.Advantages of Triphala Guggulu:
Helps in losing weight:
The combination of Triphala and Guggulu has a huge impact on maintaining the metabolism function of the body, it helps in preventing constipation and removes bad toxic from the body.
It is also helpful in flowing out the excess water from the body which shows extra pounds on weighing scale. Combination of herbs also helps in balancing the cholesterol level.
It reduces toxins from the body by increasing the flow of blood. Diseases like arthritis joints pain muscles pain can also be cured.
Less flow of blood causes sweeping and discomfort in the body, Triphala Guggulu fights against these issues.
It helps in maintaining cholesterol level. It manages both bad and good cholesterol. Bad cholesterol leads to heart diseases, so the usage of the herb combination lowers the risk of high blood pressure and risk of heart attacks.
- it reduces pain and discomfort in the body.
- It is an organic herb so there is no side effect.
- It also serves as an antiseptic agent in the body but it is suggested not to take during pregnancy.
- It also helps in maintaining hypothyroid conditions.
- It fights against sinus, congestion, headaches, dullness in the skin, high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc.
- It cleanses the toxic from the body and increases the blood flow which helps in keeping skin fresh and young.
- It improves the function of the lever.
- It cures nail and tooth problems.
- It works as an anti-depressant.
- It is a great source of antioxidants in the body.
- It can also be taken as a food supplement.
3.The dosage of Triphala Guggulu:
It can be taken in both solid and liquid form.
1-2 capsules, 2-3 times a day.
1-2 teaspoons 2-3 times a day.
It is recommended to take with lukewarm water. Normally, it is suggested to take after an hour of each meal. Warm milk can also be used. Cold water cannot give expected results as warm water cuts down fat from the body.
Following are the side effects of Triphala Guggulu.
- It is not suggested to take along with food like meat, eggs, curd, alcohol, tobacco etc.
- Food that compliments Triphala Guggulu are, bitter gourd, ladyfingers, leafy green vegetables, low salt food, fresh fenugreek leaves etc.
- Guggulu is hot in nature and helps in managing the period cycle that’s why it is not recommended during pregnancy as it may result in miscarrying a baby.
- The dosage should be set by the physician. The high amount of dosage may cause stomach discomfort.
- It might also cause diarrhea, anorexia, pain, skin rashes in some patients. If someone is facing such kind of issues then he should see a doctor immediately.
Herbal medicines do not have side effects but it is better to take it after having a word with the doctor.