Have you ever seen dip powder nails tutorial on Instagram or YouTube? Many of us say it’s a magical powder that beautifully transforms nails. Many of us don’t know exactly what dip powder nails is or if they know then they don’t know how to remove dip powder nails.
In today’s article, we will tell you about what dip powder nails is, how it works, what are the pros and cons, and final part we will talk about ways to remove dip powder nails.
What are dip powders?
Dip powders are simply powders which are stated as a safe and healthy alternative to traditional acrylics and gel nail polishes. All traditional nail polishes take time to apply, then people have to wait for more for the effects on the nails. Dip powders are the different and new form of nail polish, which has no odor monomer when applied to nails, have fast effects and sets on a nail in less time, not like as acrylics nail polishes. And even soaks off easier as compared to gel nail polishes. And it looks beautiful and clean after you remove them off.
What makes dip powder popular?
The first thing which makes dip powder popular is the appearance, like a magical powder. Not only its appearance matters, the quality, and features also. Dip powders are faster to apply as compared to acrylics. Also, they don’t have a monomer odor. Even dip powder does not make your nail unhealthy. It lasts about three weeks than gel nail polishes. Dip powder comes in a range of different attractive colors with glittery effects.
These are no so much popular even all the salons are now using preferring dip nail powders as they are so easy to use. Dip powders last on the natural nail about 8 weeks, not like gel nail polishes which last only two weeks. Another reason dip powders are so popular in salons because the process is faster than acrylics such as third or half the time it takes. This means the less the time it takes the more clients a salon will have. Also, no one wants to sit for too long on a chair waiting for gel nail polish to affect.
Is dip nail powder healthy?
Ordinary gel nail polishes and all the traditional acrylics contain an ingredient called methacrylate and methacrylate which is known as the weakening and softening of nail beds that means it is harmful to nails. Have you ever notice after you remove the acrylic nail polish your nails become soft and weak, that is the reason it happens due to methacrylate. According to some people they say this happens because methacrylate does not allow your nails to breathe. Some traditional monomer uses EMA which is ethyl Methacrylate, and some have MMA which is methyl methacrylate as the main ingredient. And gel polishes contain even higher weight methacrylates such as HEMA and HPMA which is hydroxypropyl and Bis-GMA all these chemicals are found in gel nail polishes which are harmful to nails and results in weakening and softening of nail beds.
By dip, powders do not have any methacrylate in its formulation. Simply the liquids are based on cyanoacrylate which is just like glue which is not harmful. Even these are safe because these glues are used in hospitals for sealing a cut. It is perfect for those who are allergic to methacrylate, they can wear dip powder without any problem. Hence dip powders are even healthy and not harmful to your nail beds.
HOW DO APPLY DIP POWDER?
Applying dip powder is a way to simply just follow the steps and you will able to know how to wear dip powder.
- The first step is the preparation of your all 10 nails, then prophase your fingers one by one and do one hand at one time. Then dip your prophase finger into dip powder then prophase again and repeat the step by dipping nail in dip powder. It is up to you how much you want a thick coat. According to this coat, you’re your five fingers.
- Then use a grift file for hand file surface of your nail. Nicely done your edges and cuticles area.
- Remember that wash your hands after that with only water, do not wash your hands with soap. Then completely dry your hands because water will affect adhesive for the finished gel.
- Then apply a thin layer of activator, do it on one hand at a time then wait for 30 seconds.
- Then at final step apply finish gel on your fingers.
The dip powders involve the method of painting nails with a special primer coat, then another coat of base is applied before the fingers are dipped in a jar of dip powders. This dip powder nails dry itself naturally.
Is there any need of UV LIGHT?
The plus point of dip powders is that there is no need of UV light. And you don’t need to be concerned about potential harm which is associated with UV light. Some studies have shown the that UV light has no harmful effects and it is safe, but some have shown that it is harmful and can increase a chance of cancer.
PROS AND CONS OF DIP POWDERS:
- Dip powder nails look natural and then it gives more strength to nail beds than gels.
- Your nail does not damage and weak as dip powders have no harmful chemicals, only it has glue, which is not harmful.
- Dip powders can last up to more than four weeks.
- Dip powders have no odor.
- It is simple and easy to apply and takes less time as compared to gel and acrylics.
- Dip powder nails may dehydrate your nails.
- Dipping nails of every person in the same container can be unhygienic.
- Dip powders may have sanitation risks.
HOW TO REMOVE DIP POWDER NAILS:
the procedure of applying dip powder nails are easy and simple, same as this the procedure of removing dip powder nail is also easy and simple. And you can do it at your home. You can simply use acetone and foil method or simply soak into acetone.
1. Aluminum foil method:
First, foil your nails to remove the glitter and shiny coating by filing your nails. It is important to file each nail so that removing will become easy.
Then soak cotton balls in acetone, use 100% cotton ball so that it can completely soak acetone. Then cover your fingers with acetone cotton balls. Then wrap up each nail with aluminum foil. Make sure it wraps completely and holding cotton ball.
Wait for 15 minutes so that acetone will soak into nails and does its job. Then remove cotton balls and you can see acetone cotton balls has wiped your dip powder. After that file, your nail to remove leftover residue from the powder.
2. Soaking in acetone:
Again, first file your nails to remove the top layer of dip powders. Then take a bowl of water, it should be warm not boiling. Simply warm it in microwave bowl of water less than one minute. Then soak your both hands in the warmed bowl before you dip into acetone. This step is necessary, it will help you to remove dip powder more easily.
Then take another bowl and place a folded paper towel into the empty bowl then add acetone and let the paper towel to soak paper towel to soak acetone completely.
Then dip your hands in the bowl for 15 minutes so that your powder will be removed. After the time take off your hands with the help of same acetone paper towel wipe off your powder for finish touch and your powder will be removed.
The thing to remember:
Do not over saturate the acetone on cotton balls or paper towel. It should be maximumly saturated make sure it is not dripping off. Also remember that while scraping your leftover product from your nails, do not push too hard as it can damage natural nail plate and this can be extremely dangerous for your nails.
DIP POWDER FEATURES:
- Dip powders are light weighted and flexible
- It is strong and more durable than traditional acrylics.
- It is non-toxic and the best part it has no odor of monomers.
- It does not result in yellowing of your nails even after you remove them.
- It is also crack and chip resistant.
- Also, the dip powders are water resistant.
- It is also environmentally friendly and is calcium and vitamin E fortified.
The new trend of dip powder nails is now getting popular in salons of all around the world and getting viral in social media. Also cutting off the old traditional gel and acrylic nail polishes. It is a safe and quick process and you don’t have to wait for a long time, waiting for it to dry as it dries itself in few minutes. And last for up to more than 4 weeks. Dip powder is safe and easy to apply and it has no acrylic so it is best for those who are allergic to acrylics.