Hemp oil and CBD oil are considered to be the same in many situations. Now, there has been a lot of confusion among people regarding the comparison of these oils. Though, the Hemp oil and CBD Oil appear to be the same thing. This is mainly due to the fact that both of these are the product made from the same plant. Also, the oil manufacturing companies have been using these terms interchangeably and this has lead to even more confusion among the users. So, In this blog we’ll try to clear out this confusion backed with proper scientific reasons.
What is Hemp Oil?
Hemp Oil is extracted or made from the plant called “hemp”. The extract for the oil is taken from the seeds of the plant. Although, this extract can be taken from all the plants from their cannabis genus. But, the industrial hemp is used for the manufacturing and production of the hemp oil. This type of hemp plants are specifically grown for industrial purposes with the minimum usage of the psychoactive substances such as the THC waxes and shatters at dispensaries. Hemp Oil is rich in Polyunsaturated fats i.e. Omega 3 and Omega 6, potassium, vitamin e, magnesium, etc.
Uses & Benefits of the Hemp Oil
- The hemp oil is fully nutritious and it is preferred for cooking. It makes the food crispy and nutty to taste and can be used as an alternative to Olive Oil in salads.
- It is also a wonderful moisturizer and can be used on the skin after taking a shower.
- Other than the petroleum based, the hemp oil can be used as a base for making plastics.
- The hemp oil can be used for the manufacturing of the eco friendly paints.
- It is an excellent form of Bio Diesel fuel.
- Hemp Oil is used in order to make Soaps, body lotions, moisturizers and some food items.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD is an abbreviation used for the “Cannabidiol oil” . CBD is a component of the industrial cannabis or the hemp that is produced with the minimal use of psychoactive substances such as THC waste and shatters at dispensaries. CBD is basically the cannabis oil that is a natural component of Cannabidiol. It is produced from the leaves, flowers and stalks of the hemp plant. CBD oil is very popular among professionals in the medical marijuana industry. It is very popular and can be used for detoxifying the effects of the excess usage of marijuana.
Uses & Benefits of the CBD Oil
- It is useful in the treatment of cancer.
- It can be used in the treatment of “Epilepsy” e. a neurological disorder where the nerve cell activity in the brain is disturbed.
- It is recommended and used in the treatment of anxiety, inflammatory disorders, neurodegenerative disorders and seizures.
The Main Difference – Hemp Oil vs CBD Oil
The Marijuana and hemp plants are cousins in the plant world. But marijuana contains much more THC content i.e. Tetrahydrocannabinol when compared to the hemp plant. The hemp plant has very few CBD levels,. typically it is around an estimate of 25 parts per million whereas the CBD oil may contain up to 15% of CBD. As both of these plants are related to each other, There are people\sellers in the market that are trying to market the hemp oil for its medicinal value. This had created a lot of confusion among the buyers in the market.
In the above mentioned article, I have tried to illustrate the differences between hemp Oil and CBD Oil. I hope the content was of some help!!!!
That’s all, thank you!!!!