Are you suffering from this lung inflammation infection and would like to get rid of it and lead a normal life? Then, there are many medicines and home remedies available which will help you to keep this infection at bay. Due to infection in the microscopic airways of lungs, it causes inflammation disorder. This is the serious and life-threatening condition that needs immediate care to avoid the health from getting worse. This type of health condition is triggered when the person suffering from this health disorder is exposed to certain types of bacteria, viruses, and drugs they consume. Due to this condition, they are prone to serious symptoms like a cough, chest pain, and fever and sometimes face difficulty to breathe. This is a highly dangerous problem that is seen in kids, adults, and youngsters who have low immune power.
Basically, pneumonia can be treated right at the home by taking antibiotics. This clears the infection in the lung airways in a couple of weeks. However, these antibiotics have to be taken under the close supervision of a medical practitioner. Though you can get rid of symptoms in a couple of weeks, the body is prone to fatigue for a month. If the symptoms continue even after taking antibiotics, you would need to see a doctor to get immediate medical assistance. The doctor will check the X-ray reports to see whether or not the infection in the airway is cleaning up.
Few of the treatments that are available for treating and getting rid of pneumonia include
- Antibiotics: This is the widely prescribed medication for treating bacterial pneumonia. Based on the bacteria that have attacked the lung, the doctor would prescribe the right medication. Though the symptoms of the disorder would disappear in a few days, the weakness and tiredness in your body persist for long, especially if you are a tobacco chewer.
- Anti-viral medications: This medication is prescribed to the patients who are suffering from this disorder due to getting exposed to the virus. You can see the evident result in a couple of weeks after ingesting the medication.
- Aspirin and ibuprofen: These are the two medications that are prescribed for the patients who are suffering from severe fever due to this lung inflammation disorder.
- Prescribe cough medicine: People who are prone to this disorder would have a terrible cough. To make them relieve from a cough, coughing medicine is prescribed to clear the infection in the lungs.
Home care to get rid of pneumonia symptoms
The treatment that is given to pneumonia patients would have anti-biotic and anti-fungal medication. These are the two thumb rules you would need to follow to get rid of pneumonia at a faster pace
- Take ample rest: The body with weak immune system needs a lot of time to recover from this health ailment. By staying away from doing physical chores and taking ample bed rest would increase the body repairing speed.
- Take healthy and well-balanced diet: You need to take the body that is rich in proteins to heal the body quickly. You need to take enough liquids from time to time to keep your body hydrated. You can drink water, soups and herbal teas to supply enough liquids to the body and recover from pneumonia.
The best way to get rid of pneumonia is first to keep its symptoms at bay
A cough is the first symptom that is experienced by the people suffering from this health problem. A cough comes out when the body is trying to expel fluids from lungs to keep infection at bay. Here are a few ways one can embrace to get rid of a cough
- Peppermint and fenugreek tea
- You need to drink herbal tea to keep your sore throat clean. However, you can also use peppermint and eucalyptus to reap more health benefits. A plethora of studies have proven that taking peppermint or eucalyptus will give a soothing effect to the throat and clear the infectious airways. In addition, this will clear the mucus that is accumulated in the throat and relieve you from the pain caused due to inflammation. If you do not like to consume raw fenugreek, you would need to prepare a tea and drink to see evident results. You would feel ease from a cough.
- Gargle with saltwater
- A cough occurs when there is heavy mucus accumulated in the throat and chest area. When you gargle with salt water, it breaks the mucus and clears the germs from the throat and gives you instant relief.
When there is a severe infection in the respiratory tract, it results in breathing problem and this is commonly seen in people suffering from pneumonia
- Drink Caffeine: You can drink caffeine, green tea or black tea to relieve the pneumonia symptoms. When you drink caffeine tea, it clears the lung airways and helps the person to feel better in breathing.
- Inhale warm air: When you inhale warm air, you would feel ease at breathing and keep the throat tightening. You can inhale warm air from the steam or from the fumes of hot tea to feel better.
- Take rest: You need to take ample test to repair the body and when you feel short of breathtaking rest will help you feel comfortable and ease to breathe. You should not carry out any physical activities when you are feeling the symptoms of pneumonia.
This is another symptom that is frequently experienced by the people suffering from pneumonia. When you feel chest discomfort you need to do the following
Ginger and turmeric tea: When you continuously cough, the next thing that happens is chest pain. To keep a cough at bay, you would need to drink ginger or turmeric tea warmly. This will alleviate the pain at a brisk pace. You can also mix the roots of both of these plants into the warm water and then drink. The anti-inflammatory properties will help you clear the infection in the airways of lungs.
People who are prone to pneumonia would experience feel feverish and to stay healthy and keep your body temperature normal, you need to do the following.
- Keep your body hydrated: When a person is suffering from high fever, you need to supply liquids to the body regularly to keep it hydrated. By drinking home-made iced beverages will keep your body cool and hydrated all day long.
- Take Lukewarm water bath: By taking warm water bath will bring the temperature of the body to normal. If you do not have enough energy to take bath, you can dip the towel in lukewarm water and clean the body to keep the body temperature normal. You can dip the towel in lukewarm water and then apply on the body and do this couple of times to keep your body cool.
In addition to the above methods treatments, you can also follow the below natural treatments to get rid of pneumonia
Apple Cider vinegar
This is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that would help you fight bacteria and virus that causes this health issue. You need to add a few drops of this apple cider vinegar to warm water and a few drops of honey and drink this mixture once a day.
This is the natural treatment for curing pneumonia that is loaded with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties to combat infection. In addition, this clears the mucus from the chest and lungs quickly. You can either add garlic to your diet or can chew it raw. In case, if you do not like it to eat raw, you can apply the paste of garlic cloves on your chest once a day.
Lack of vitamin C would result in this health ailment. The anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties present in vitamin C foods will help you get rid of this health ailment and its symptoms swiftly. You can add this vitamin to your daily diet or take a supplement. Examples of food items that you need to add to your diet include nuts, citrus fruits, and leafy vegetables. If you want to add additional vitamin C in your diet, you would need to see a doctor.
Turmeric is power-packed with anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties which fight bacteria that are the actual culprit to cause this health issue. This will clear phlegm in bronchial ducts and helps you to ease breathing. You can mix turmeric powder with milk and drink once in a day.
You can take vegetable juices early in the morning to increase your immune power and get rid of the contagious infection. You need to take juices that are extracted from various vegetables including carrot, beetroots, spinach, and cucumber to promote sound health and fight bacteria and virus.
This is rich in minerals and vitamins. This is also loaded with anti-microbial and anti-oxidant properties to fight infections causing pneumonia. The vitamins that are loaded in this vegetable will boost the health and increase the recovery speed of injuries.
Honey is loaded with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant properties that are used in treating various health issues, especially cough and cold which are the symptoms of this health issue briskly. You can add honey to water and drink every day.
The above are natural home remedies that will help you to cure this health issue in the initial stage. You can take follow these tips stringently to avoid the infection from occurring again down the line.