If there is one word you have heard the most when it comes to bodybuilding, it is ‘steroids’. Media and casual population have villainized the word itself and its consumers enough. It sure does give results. And it cannot be denied that professional bodybuilding will not be the same without it. Having said that, we cannot overlook the downside either. There are both pros and cons of steroids and people should thoroughly read steroid profiles to determine which suits them best according to their body’s anatomy.
People trying to build huge muscles often end up being frustrated. So much so that they turn to anabolic steroids to have ultimate results. Anabolic steroids are natural-made versions of testosterone – a hormone naturally found in both men and women. These steroids have the ability to impact on the entire body and are majorly responsible to augment protein within the cells of skeletal muscles.
Steroids have noticeable effects on the body; however, they differ among users depending on the dosage, body composition, type, and other factors. Generally, the following are the most prominent pros and cons of steroid use:
- List of Pros
- They boost stamina: Steroids result in the increased production of red blood cells, which are responsible for carrying oxygen to the rest of the body. Muscles are then able to work longer and harder increasing endurance significantly. The additional oxygen also helps muscles recover quicker.
- They give you a muscular body: Case studies have demonstrated that body size increases due to steroids, hence making them popular among bodybuilders and those who want to build huge mass. Moreover, the body does not retain water due to these drugs and therefore, one ends up having a more rippled build.
- They help with hormonal fluctuations: People with low testosterone levels are prescribed steroids by doctors. When used under physician supervision, these drugs can help achieve a balance of testosterone level.
- List of Cons
- Can be addictive: Due to their ability to build strength, body, and increase performance, athletes, weightlifters, and bodybuilders can be addicted to steroids.
- Bring a higher risk of certain health conditions: Steroid abuse can end up one in chronic situations including heart attacks and strokes. Consumers of steroids may become vulnerable to kidney and liver issues, tumors, and high blood pressure & cholesterol.
- They always have side effects: Due to their inability to retain water, a consumer will feel dizziness, dehydration, and exhaustion. Men may face issues like fertility tests for males showing infertility and physical issues. While women may have to go through baldness or growing facial hair problems.
- They are illegal: In some regions, steroids are termed illegal. So if one is found to possess or sell steroids, one may be arrested. Athletes who were proved to have taken performance-enhancing drugs have been stripped of their medals and banned from their respective sport. In any case, the only legal way to buy anabolic steroids onine or from a store is with a genuine and valid doctor’s prescription.