The human body is a complex system. It requires a range of nutrients to function at its optimum level. The food we intake on a day to day basis works as the fuel for our bodies. It provides the necessary nutrients required to let the body perform properly.
The body takes its nutrients from different classes of food such as seafood, meat, and grains. There is a prescribed amount of nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, etc., that the body needs daily. That is the sole reason for nutritionists advising to take a balanced healthy meal over a week.
Why do we need dietary supplements?
Today, most of our diet comprises of unhealthy junk food. The lifestyle we have encourages such an inactive and unhealthy approach. Our homes are built in a way to prevent sunlight from entering. We have 8-hour long workdays, and the rest of the time, we prefer slouching on the couch watching TV. We start our mornings by going through our phones rather than a nice jog in the park. Often we end up running late to work with just a coffee in hand and no proper breakfast.
As a natural consequence of this unhealthy lifestyle, most people today face nutritional deficiencies and many health risks that come with it. However, a timely consumption of dietary supplements can help counter these deficiencies. Bulk Nutrients Australia provides a range of tasty and nutritious options to choose for your dietary supplementation.
Dietary supplements can be taken in the form of capsules, tablets, energy bars, or drinks.
What are the benefits of dietary supplements?
In the present day, approximately 92% of the American population suffers from at least one nutritional deficiency. Vitamin deficiencies affect our bodies adversely, and dietary supplements can benefit in several ways:
- Improved Bone Health:People suffering from deficiencies that affect bones have it hard. It hinders their daily functioning, and it can get very painful. The majority of women, as opposed to men, suffer from osteoporosis or brittle bone disease after a certain age. A few key vitamins and minerals should be consumed to improve bone health. Calcium is the most prominent of these nutrients. Ideally, Calcium should be taken through your diet, but if that doesn’t happen, dietary supplements can provide you the amount you need. If there is a lack of Vitamin D in the body, the intake of Calcium either through food or supplements doesn’t work. This is because Vitamin D is necessary to help absorb calcium into the body. Lack of exposure to the sun is one of the major causes of Vitamin D deficiency. Magnesium, Vitamin K, Boron, and Silicone are a few other vitamins that are great for improving overall bone health. Ask your doctor to prescribe the appropriate one for you and move towards better bone health using dietary supplements.
- Better Memory:Brain is the powerhouse of the body. It needs to be in proper shape and health for the body to work well. Dietary supplements can help whether you suffer from serious memory disorders such as Alzheimer’s, or simple memory retention problems. They can also help increase focus, concentration, and provide necessary nutrients to boost the brain cells. Vitamin E, present in nuts and dark-colored fruits, is an essential nutrient for brain health. Not providing the brain with enough vitamins and minerals may result in slow memory retention, disrupted concentration, and low focus. Hence supplements high in Vitamin E can be beneficial for brain health. Researchers have also concluded that getting an appropriate amount of Vitamin B-12 is necessary for proper memory retention. A lack of Vitamin B-12 may adversely affect the brain’s function of maintaining memories.
- Healthy Hair, Nails, and Skin:Certain nutritional deficiencies can cause brittle hair, nails, and bad skin. Feeding your body with these vitamins through dietary supplements may help overcome these symptoms. In the long run, an insufficient intake of Vitamin A & E can cause rough and bad skin. Lack of biotin can cause skin rashes and hair fall. Vitamin A taken orally through capsules or other forms of dietary supplement can help you fight against acne, dry, and patchy skin. Biotin supplements can help counter deteriorating hair health. It strengthens hair and makes them stronger. People with hair loss and thinning hair are advised to intake biotin supplements to enhance their hair texture and quality. It improves the overall health of the hair and gives them more shine and volume. Iron supplements can also help with better nails since iron deficiency affects nail health and growth.
- Provide Energy: Dietary supplements also come in the form of energy bars and drinks. These help in providing a sudden boost of energy and contain a combination of various nutrients. Most energy supplements contain fast-absorbing nutrients such as whey protein, and sugars that provide energy instantly. Energy supplements are great if you want a quick energy boost but do not have the time to eat a proper meal. They are also beneficial for athletes and people who do high- intensity workouts. Iron deficiency can cause lethargy and unusual tiredness. It also results in headaches and shortness of breath. Iron-rich tablets or other dietary supplements can help in reducing these symptoms.
- Ensure a Healthy Heart: Having a healthy and proper functioning heart is vital for survival. Not providing the body with the required nutrients can adversely affect the blood circulation system and cause health issues such as high blood pressure and risk of strokes, etc. Omega-3 fatty acids help maintain a healthy functioning heart. Our body doesn’t produce Omega-3 fatty acids, and it is important to consume them through external sources. Fish and flax seeds are some foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. As dietary supplements, fish oil is excellent for providing your body with these fatty acids. Vitamin D is an essential nutrient for the human body. In addition to the other functions, vitamin D also promotes better health of the heart. Studies indicate that people with a deficiency of Vitamin D have a high risk of contracting cardiovascular disease. Vitamin D and fish oil supplements should be taken for improved heart and cardiovascular health.
- Improve Vision: Eyes perform one of the most important functions of the human body. Without a proper vision, our daily work would get hindered. People with weak eyesight need to wear glasses to help them see properly. Vitamin A is crucial in maintaining a proper vision. Vitamin A deficiency can lead to weak eyesight. Hence, its adequate intake is vital. We have all been told to eat carrots for a better vision. That is because carrots are high in Vitamin A., But carrots aren’t the only foods that contain this vitamin. It can also be founded in cheese, egg yolk, and milk. However, in case food intake isn’t fulfilling your Vitamin A need, dietary supplements can help cover this deficiency and improve vision in the long run.
The Final Word
Dietary supplements are an easy way to cover the deficiencies in our bodies. However, our first focus should always be to intake a proper and balanced diet. If deficiencies persist, then there is no harm in opting to intake dietary supplements. Vitamin and mineral supplements can help boost your overall health and help your body function at its best.