Scupltra is a treatment also referred to as a liquid facelift, that many get to help them rid of the fine lines, wrinkles and sunken areas of the face that are often caused by aging.
Sculptra is an injection that helps to relax the collagen and cause stimulation to the cells so that the area where the injection was made becomes fuller. This procedure will provide the patient with a fuller, healthier looking face.
It is suggested that the procedure be done 3 to 4 times with 4 to 6 weeks in between each treatment. This will help to achieve optimal results. The series of treatments should last up to two years. This injection is used for three dimensional reshaping so that a person can appear younger.
Preparing for a Liquid Facelift
- Maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet. Begin this as soon as you decide to go through with Sculptra treatments.
- Keep your heart rate low before a treatment and avoid any extra exertion. Coming to the treatment relaxed is best.
- Avoid drinking alcohol before the treatment to avoid the thinning of blood. Also avoid sugar and caffeine.
- Wash your face thoroughly before a treatment. Do not use any facial cleansers, lotions or wear any makeup to the appointment.
- Avoid the extra sunlight and wear SPF 30.
If pregnant or on medications of any kind, please remember to inform your surgeon. These types of occurrences could affect the Sculptra treatment, causing harmful after effects to the patient. Otherwise, by following the safety precautions and preparing for the liquid facelift, the treatments should go over smoothly.
What Can Sculptra Help With?
As stated above, Sculptra is used to create fullness under the skin. It can be used in extreme cases of facial depression to less extreme cases where a person simply wants to fill in wrinkles. Either way, there is a list of things that the liquid injection can help with.
- Fine Lines
- Depressed Areas
- Reshaping of the Face
- Skin Folds
Most of the matters that can be resolved with Sculptra have to do with the facial region. It is a simple solution to smoothing and filling the areas of the face that cause you to look older.
After a treatment, there are some aftercare measures that one can take to help prolong the effects of the treatments. It will also help to ease any discomfort that the treatments might have caused.
- Have an icepack ready to help ease the swelling and bruising that might occur. It will also help with any possible pain or irritation that comes directly after these kind of beauty treatments and plastic surgery procedures.
- Avoid excessive sun. Until the treatments are over or all swelling and bruising is gone, avoiding sunlight will help with a quick recovery.
- Circular facial massages will help to distribute the facial filler evenly. By rubbing the face in circular motions for 5 minutes at a time, this will help guarantee a more even distribution of the liquid filler.
I, Jane Willys, am interested in learning more about surgeries and also medical aesthetic procedures to achieve the look one desires. I am looking for a more renewed and positive attitude towards surgeries! You can follow me at Twitter