Obesity is one of the most serious health concerns faced by people today, particularly by young children. Many research studies reveal the fact that every 33 % of the kids (who are between ages 5 to 11) are deemed to be obese by the health experts. Too much weight at such a stage of life gives rise to a variety of health problems, which I havediscussed here:
- In the short run, your kid may suffer from breathing disorders such as asthma, while some kids may also suffer pain in joints.
- When they go further in age, obese kids develop many other problems such as high blood pressure, angina pectoris, high cholesterol level, diabetes, and even cancer.
So it means that as a parent or a guardian, you need to take some steps which prevent your child from being obeseor let him tackle the said problem in case he is already overweight.To stay fit, you need to provide him with a healthy lifestyle, so he stays fit and never gains too much of fat.Here are some of the ways you may adopt to serve the purpose:
- The first thing you need to do is to understand that children imitate their adults. So you need to be a role model in front of him. Try to be his inspiration. Leave all the fast food you eat, join a fitness club and take your kid along you, and eat more vegetables and fruits. You will see quick results as your child will also adopt a healthy lifestyle and try to stay fit.
- Next, you need to balance the amount of calories your kids takes in with the amount of calories he consumes. Remember, there is no ideal amount of calories, as the amount of calories your kid require totally depends upon his intake. Suppose, if your kid play a lot of soccer, he will definitely require more calories than a kid who doesn’t play soccer.
- Do not ask your kid to skip meals or eat less in his meal. Remember, it is not about eating less! Rather, it is about eating the right type of food. What you need to do is that reduce the amount of fats in his diet, and so hinder the rate of weight gain,and at the same time provide the kids with ample amount of calories, so that his body development doesn’t get affected at all.
- Let him eat vegetables, fruit, low fat milk, non-fat dairy products, fish, and beans, and do make him drink lots of water, as water increases the metabolic rate of the body. In addition to that, do not let him drink soft drinks and junk foods. Remember that each and every thing taken care of will pay a lot in the long run.
- For at least one hour in the day, your child should involve himself in some kind of physical activity such as swimming, soccer, jogging, brisk walking, jumping rope, or a combination of all or some of these activities. Remember that physical activity should not be performed for a day or two, but must be an integral part of your kid’s routine. Only then it can bring some good results.
- Technology can aid a great deal to serve the purpose too, as there are many apps which can help a great deal such as‘7 minutes workout’ and ‘Runtastic Running,’ both of which are available for the Android platform.
- A very interesting aspect is that kids do not often act upon as advised by their parents. You may stop your child from eating fast food, but are you sure that he will never visit his favourite fast food restaurant when he’ll be not at home. Luckily, there is a way you can come to know about his location and that is through a kids monitoring app. A good example of such an app isTheOneSpy,which helps you to track down the real time location of your kid through GPS mechanism.
Remember, obesity is dangerous for your kid, as it can lead to a variety of health hazards. However, you do not need to make your kid skip meals, rather encourage him to take in the right type of food such as fruits and vegetable and avoid fast food and carbonated drinks. Only then your kid can enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
Brooke fill in as Parental and Tech expert and writer has earned her an exhibited accumulating of readers who are needing for the most recent news and audit about digital parenting. Her work turns around the most recent in cell spy app, like Theonespyon Google play store.